Winter Break Family Camp
December 27, 2023 – January 1, 2024
Fun for the whole family with counselor-led adventures, family and adult-only time, a magical Shabbat and a rockin’ New Year’s celebration.
Rest, play, learn and hang out with new and old friends, while we take care of the cooking, cleaning and entertainment. Give yourself a break at Winter Break Family Camp (WBFC)! Let our counselors take your children on adventures around Camp and enjoy family-fun activities together. Ring in the New Year with a rockin’ kids party as well as an adult-only celebration.
This all-inclusive event is designed for families with children of all ages.
Winter Break Family Camp offers an opportunity to experience the magic of Ramah Darom together, as a family.
What you can look forward to:
- Mornings filled with family-time activities and games.
- Afternoon Camp for 6 months old-7th grade and a special track for teens in grades 8 and up led by our STELLAR summer Camp counselors and specialists.
- Outdoor adventures and fitness, complete with hiking, ropes courses, archery, yoga and more.
- Fun, and inspirational adult programs with professional artists and educators.
- A Ramah Darom style Shabbat celebration.
- Healthy, delicious and Kosher chef-prepared meals.
- Plenty of time to relax, marvel at the beautiful mountains, a mug of locally-sourced coffee (or tea!) in hand.
- Rockin’ New Year’s Eve parties, 1 for kids and 1 for adults only.
Use this Packing List as a guide
All-inclusive rates are per person and include comfortable accommodations, delicious kosher meals, snacks and beverages, and all activities.
|Accommodation||Per Person Rate||Upgrades by Registration|
(ages 4 & up)
|$200/Guaranteed Spot in Semi-Private Cabin
(ages 4 & up)
|$200/Additional Hotel Room
$300/Deluxe Private Cottage
- Due at Registration: A $50 non-refundable deposit for each adult will be processed when the registration application is submitted.
- November 29, 2022: Full payment due
Cancellations made by December 13, 2022 are eligible for a 50% refund. No refunds will be made on or after December 14, 2022. This policy includes cancellation due to quarantine after exposure or the result of a positive COVID test. Therefore, we strongly encourage Trip Protection Insurance.
There are 2 shared cabins per building and each cabin is shared by 2 families (4 families per building). Each cabin has 2 private rooms, 1 center room with 8 bunk beds and a shared bathroom. The bathrooms have multi-stalls and walk-in showers.
There are 16 semi-private cabins on campus available with 4 semi-private cabins per building (4 families per building). These cabins are available for an upgrade fee of $200 per household. In a semi-private cabin, each family has their own space separated from another family by a pocket door with 1 private room, 1 center room with 4 bunk beds and a private bathroom.
For all cabins, linens are provided, but beds are not made up.
We have 4 hotels on our 185-acre campus. All hotel rooms have a private bathroom, a table and two chairs, heating and air conditioning, complimentary toiletries, bed and bath linens, a mini fridge and a Keurig. Most rooms have 2 queen beds, a few have 1 king bed or 2 full beds. If there are a minimum of 3 people in your household and you would like an additional hotel room as an add-on you can do so for a $200 flat rate per household. Some adjoining rooms are available.
There are 4 deluxe private cottages on Ramah Darom’s campus and they are our most luxurious accommodations! These beautiful studio-style cottages feature a kitchenette, private porch, bathroom with walk-in shower, king-sized bed and full-sized pullout couch. If you would like to upgrade from a hotel to a cottage you can do so for a $300 flat fee per household. Please note that cottages are not ADA accessible and have stair-only access.
If you receive a positive COVID-19 test result in the days leading up to the retreat and are unable to attend, we are unfortunately not able to refund your payment due to upfront costs. Therefore, we highly recommend purchasing Trip Protection Insurance.
Check-in is between 2:00-5:00pm ET.
Please download and print these Driving Directions and bring them with you when you travel. GPS shortcuts can lead you to dangerous mountain roads!
If you need transportation to or from the Atlanta Airport, you can reserve a spot on your family dashboard.* Families with children requiring a car or booster seat must bring one.
The shuttle will pick guests up from the airport at 1:30pm (flights should land by 12:30pm) on December 27 and will leave campus at 11:00am (flights should take off after 3:30pm) on January 1.
* Please follow these steps for reservation your shuttle seats:
- Log in to your family dashboard
- Select “Registrations” at the top of the page
- Scroll down until you see your retreat registration and click “Manage Attendees”
- Select a family member’s name, choose “Airport Shuttle Reservation” from the list and click edit
- Select the shuttles that you need and enter your flight information when prompted. If you need the shuttle both ways, click “Add another selection” when the confirmation window pops up, otherwise, click “Continue”
- You will need to repeat steps 3 through 5 for each family member in need of transportation
- Once you have completed the reservations for each family member, return to the registrations page and select “Make Payment” to officially book your spot on the shuttle
- Please email Micah Segal-Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues with booking transportation
70 Darom Lane
Clayton, GA 30525
Here are more ways to experience Ramah Darom:
Ramah Darom has a full line-up of family-friendly and adult-only Jewish experiential programs on our breathtaking North Georgia mountain campus. From LimmudFest, Book It To Shabbat with PJ Library and Jewish Women’s Getaway to PJ Grand Getaway, Southern Schmooze and our new culinary adventure, B’teavon, to Passover Retreat to Camp Ramah Darom and Camp Yofi, Ramah Darom has programs for every age and stage.