As Ramah Darom celebrates 25 RAMAHrkable years, our Board of Directors approved a new strategic plan with three key priorities:
- Dramatically expand and broaden the Ramah Darom community over the coming years, and substantially increase the number of exceptional experiences we offer.
- Commit to enhancing and beautifying our Clayton campus.
- Focus on ensuring universal affordability for our programs.
With this strong commitment to our future, a thorough facility and infrastructure assessment was completed, a new master site plan for our Clayton campus was created, and Kadima! (Forward!) became our catchphrase.
From catchphrase to campaign: Building the Future of Ramah Darom!
The Kadima! Campaign is a comprehensive plan supporting leadership, accessibility, education and fun through capital projects, program initiatives and endowments.
Capital Projects & Program Initiatives
At Ramah Darom, building future Jewish leaders is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why a new Program Center will be Phase 1 of our campus expansion. This facility will be located where the Beit Am Katan (our original Dining Hall built in the 1950s) currently stands. The new Program Center will include indoor programming spaces, recreational spaces, a staff lounge and a brand new fitness center. This multi-functional building will provide much-needed indoor program space for our summer camp staff and will also provide new meeting and recreational spaces for the thousands of guests who join us year-round.
On the east side of our campus, on a 45-acre property Ramah Darom recently acquired, an exciting new initiative is being planned: the creation of a new home for our Gesher Leadership Development Institute. During summer camp, Gesher is the pinnacle of the Ramah Darom experience, and a key milestone in training future Jewish leaders.
Nestled in the mountain treetops and overlooking our lake, we will develop a beautiful Gesher Village. This will be a place that our oldest campers can call their own, where they can build foundational Jewish experiences, and create bonds that will last a lifetime.
This area will also be home to the new Menkowitz Bike Trail, tent platforms for overnight campouts, a zipline circuit, a natural climbing rock, a covered pavilion, an outdoor classroom and more, for all to enjoy. With brand new accommodations and new indoor and outdoor programming areas, Gesher Village will be used year-round during retreats and rentals as well.
Ramah Darom’s founders imagined our campus as a meeting place for all Jewish communities, large and small. The new Welcome Center Extension will be a self-contained space with housing, a kitchen and conference rooms. This new building, built on flat terrain and offering additional ADA housing, will provide space for our growing Tikvah Vocational Program, offer opportunities to host smaller retreats and will be the home of a future year-round Jewish leadership program.
At Ramah Darom, retreat participants, campers and staff connect through team building and FUN. In the coming years we plan to:
- Build a new Teaching Kitchen. As part of our Levine Ramah Center update, the new teaching kitchen will connect to our current outdoor pizza patio, offering programming and engagement space for guests of all ages. The teaching kitchen will also offer an additional learning space for participants in our Tikvah Vocational Program.
- Create a Canopy Walk. Connecting our lake and softball field on the south side of our campus, this wooded wonderland will be filled with outdoor fun. Picture tree climbing, a bouldering wall, an awesome water slide right into the lake and more.
- Enhance our sports fields and other outdoor programming spaces.
- Expand the Gan and build a playground for our staff children and young retreat participants.
- Lower roads refresh. Replace two of the older cabins and build a new multipurpose building to house programs such music, dance and yoga.
Every donation and every dollar will help us move forward, Kadima! Below are a few dedicated opportunities.
Capital Naming Opportunities
Below is a list of current naming opportunities, some of which may be modified before the completion of the campaign. Gifts can be paid across a three-year payment schedule. For more information, please contact Sharon Rosenfeld, Director of Development, at (404) 503-2129.
Program Center Building $1,000,000
Leadership Lounge $250,000
Fitness Center $250,000 (SOLD)
Program Center of Excellence Space $250,000
Coffee Bar $50,000 (SOLD)
Games Center $50,000 (SOLD)
Porches 1 $36,000 (SOLD)
Porches 2 $36,000 (SOLD)
- Outdoor Classroom
- Observation Deck
- Art Stations
- Bouldering Wall
- Water Slide
Welcome Center Extension
- Guest Rooms
- Conference Rooms
- Dining Room
Lower Roads Refresh
- 2 New Cabins
- Multipurpose Building
Establishing an endowment in perpetuity will provide a permanent flow of income while we move forward, enhancing lives now and far into the future.
As part of the Kadima! campaign, we invite you to help grow our current scholarship and campus maintenance endowments – and help create new ones that support staff positions and program initiatives. With a goal of universal affordability and expanded exceptional Jewish programming for all ages and stages, the list below is only a sampling of our needs.
Summer Staff Programming $100,000+
Tikvah Vocational Staff & Programming $100,000+
Leadership Training $100,000+
Wildnerness & Adventure Staff & Programming $100,000+
Mountain Biking Staff & Programming $100,000+
KADIMA! Let’s Go Ramah Darom!
For info on the Kadima! Campaign and dedication opportunities please contact Sharon Rosenfeld, Director of Development, at (404) 503-2129.