COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
2021-2022 Ramah Darom Retreat COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
Vaccines & Testing
- To participate at this Retreat, we require all guests and staff ages 12 and up to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 and be 2 weeks post-vaccination before the start date of the retreat. You will be asked to upload a copy of your vaccination card in the pre-event policy agreement form.
- The only attendees ages 12 and up exempt from this policy will be those with proof of a medical reason why they cannot receive the vaccine, pending approval from our Medical Committee.
- Anyone who has received a COVID-19 vaccine must still adhere to all prevention protocols applicable below with no exceptions.
- All participants ages 3 and older must take a PCR nasal swab COVID-19 test and receive results no more than 48 hours in advance. Proof of negative test results and date of result must be submitted upon arrival to campus.
- All participants ages 1 and older will be administered a rapid nasal swab COVID-19 test upon arrival to the retreat. Tests will be done as participants drive into the campus and will stay in their car for 15 minutes until the results are ready. These tests are done in the front of the nose and are non-invasive.
- As always, we do require that all guests are up to date on all other immunizations. You can review our immunization policy here: https://www.ramahdarom.org/retreats-immunization-policy/
General Requirements of Guests & Staff
Handwashing & Sanitizing
- Washing hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds is required before all meals, after going to the bathroom and recommended as often as possible throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be stationed at locations around campus to utilize throughout the day after touching shared surfaces.
- Masks will be voluntary for vaccinated participants outdoors but required for any indoor programming and in the dining room.
- Masks are required for all unvaccinated participants ages 3 and up when entering any public building on campus, when in the dining room except when sitting at your table, when participating in any facilitated program and strongly recommended during any interactions with guests or staff members not in their immediate household, both indoors and outdoors.
Monitoring and Post-Event
- A medical professional will be onsite for the entirety of the event for any medical concerns which may arise.
- Upon arrival to campus: Guests will enter the front gate and stay inside their car during the intake process which includes a rapid test, thermal temperature readings, follow up symptom questions and a brief orientation. Guests must wait in the Welcome Center parking lot by their car until the rapid test results come in, which takes 15 minutes. If any individual in the car is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, everyone in the car will be placed in quarantine in a designated location on Ramah Darom’s campus until the medical professional onsite determines the appropriate next steps.
- If an individual has a normal temperature but has taken ibuprofen or acetaminophen within six hours of arrival, or naproxen within 12 hours, they may enter campus and remain in their assigned housing but will need their temperature re-taken and may not enter the dining hall until their medicine has worn off.
- If a guest leaves the retreat because they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 we will request that they get tested with an administered PCR nasal swab test and inform Ramah Darom of the results.
- If Ramah Darom is informed of an individual’s positive COVID-19 result, we will keep their identity anonymous but will notify all guests who were in attendance during the retreat with applicable recommendations.
- All cabins, hotel rooms and cottages will be supplied with disinfectant spray for personal use by guests throughout the program.
- Cabins, hotel rooms and cottages will be fully prepared prior to arrival. No housekeeping will be provided during the retreat. Extra linens, towels and toiletry items will be available upon request. No housekeepers will enter housing spaces for these services.
- All residential buildings will be provided with commercial-size trash depositories for trash removal from waste bins in your housing space.
- Room maintenance and additional housekeeping needs will be addressed contact-free through the Help Desk and the Ramah Darom online service form.
Food Service & Dining
- Upon entry to the dining hall, all guests must wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before entering the buffet line or going to their tables.
- ALL guests and staff must be masked in the dining hall any time they are not sitting at their table. This includes getting up to chat with another table, going to the bathroom and going through the buffet line.
- Only vaccinated guests may handle plates and food at the buffet line. Please note that your children under 12 may stand with you in line but may not take food for themselves at any time and must be served by a vaccinated adult. Unvaccinated adults will be assisted at the buffet line by vaccinated staff.
- Where and with whom to sit at meals is at your discretion; we have an outdoor dining tent available for those who would like to eat distantly from others.
- Water fountains will be discontinued from use, and water bottle filling stations will be set up throughout the campus.
- The dining hall will be closed to guests between meals.