Passover Retreat 2022
FULL VACATION: Thursday, April 14–Sunday, April 24, 2022
1st HALF: April 14-19, 2022 | 2nd HALF: April 19-24, 2022
Please see our COVID-19 Prevention Protocols.
View a sample schedule.
There is nothing like celebrating Passover at Ramah Darom. Take in the beauty of our breathtaking 185-acre campus in the North Georgia mountains. Enjoy fresh, gourmet, kosher for Passover meals and snacks, prepared for you by our team of expert chefs. Seize the unique opportunity to learn and explore Jewish life, culture, texts and history with a diverse mix of distinguished scholars, leaders and thinkers. Hike to our on-campus waterfall, go for a swim in our pool or a boat ride on our lake, take an art class, climb our alpine tower, play a game of tennis or basketball or volleyball – or just relax in a rocking chair and enjoy the fresh mountain air!
And for the kids, we offer a full Camp experience led by our amazing Ramah Darom counselors.
Our cabins are modern, spacious and feature hardwood floors with a screened-in porch and bathroom(s) for each cabin. Each cabin has both an open area with dorm-style bunk beds and a private room with twin beds.
Only four of these are available, in our newest cabin building and fully ADA accessible with 1 private room, 1 main room with 4 bunk beds, and a private bathroom area with walk-in shower(s). This building is located on the mountainside of campus. Available for parties of 2 adults and 1 child or more.
Single Family Cabin
These cabins are separated by a sliding wall and are available on the lakeside of campus, 1 private room, 1 main room with 4 bunk beds, and a private bathroom area with walk-in showers per cabin. Available for parties of 2 adults and 1 child or more.
These discounted cabins are ideal for extended families or friends coming together to Pesach. 2 private rooms, one main room with eight bunk beds, and a shared bathroom area with walk-in showers per cabin. Cabins are available for parties of two adults and one child or more per reservation. You may request the other reservation that you would like to share this housing type with, or we will pair you in a cabin with another reservation. There are two multifamily cabins per building.
*If you are an extended family of three or more families in one multi-family cabin, please contact us for a discounted “Family Reunion” rate.
Standard Hotel Rooms
Comfortable, private rooms, each with 2 queen or full beds, table & chairs, bureau, and private bathtub shower with standard amenities. We have two standard hotel buildings, Marcus Lodge (ML) and Mountainside Hotel (MSH), both located on the mountainside. Families of up to 4 people will be housed in one hotel room with 2 queen beds. If a family of 5 or more paying guests would like an adjacent room for their children, each parent will be charged at a Single Adult Occupancy rate.
Deluxe Hotel Rooms
Bright, oversized rooms with relaxing, communal lobby and upgraded amenities. Rooms feature 1 king or 2 queen beds, table & chairs, bureau and private bath (some walk-in, most are deluxe size bathtub showers). These sell out fast! We have two deluxe hotel buildings, The Welcome Center (WC) and Lakeside Hotel (LS). Those with physical disabilities and mobility issues will be given priority in the Welcome Center. Each room is priced per adult occupancy. Families of up to 4 people will be housed in one hotel room with 2 queen beds. If a family of 5 or more paying guests would like an adjacent room for their children, each parent will be charged at a Single Adult Occupancy rate.
Our most luxurious accommodations! Beautiful studio-style houses with a kitchenette, private patio, bathroom with walk-in shower, and king-sized bed. Four cottages are available.
Passover Retreat 2022 rates and details are available here!
Reserve now before we fill up! Reservations are processed in the order received.
Note for Returning Guests:
- Registration is open exclusively for Passover 2021 guests from April 5-11, 2021. Full-stay returning guests can guarantee their same housing location for 2022 until April 12. While we cannot guarantee exact room locations for returning half-stay guests, you will receive priority housing consideration.
- Registration for Passover 2020 guests opens on Monday, April 12, 2021. While we cannot guarantee exact room locations, you will receive priority housing consideration.
- EARLY BIRD PRICING is available until May 31st for new and returning guests. Standard rates will be charged for all guests registering on or after June 1, 2021
- Guest stays are sold for full and half stays. Guests are welcome to come and go on the dates that serve them best, but we are unable to prorate registration for any unused dates within the reservation time.
- Registration fees are charged on a per-person basis and include accommodations, all meals, snacks, alcoholic beverages and on-campus activities and programs.
- Early bird rates only apply to guests who registered during the early bird period, ending May 31, 2021. Any guests added to a reservation on or after June 1, 2021, will be charged at the regular rate.
- All registration payments made by December 1, 2021, will not incur any credit card fees. Any credit card payments made after December 1, 2021, will incur a 2.5% fee.
- Deposit of $500 per adult is required with reservation
- December 1, 2021: 50% of total registration fees are due
- February 1, 2022: All remaining registration fees are due
Cancellations must be submitted in writing, with refunds honored on the following schedule:
- Up to July 15, 2021: Full refund minus $100 administrative fee per adult guest
- July 16, 2021 to December 1, 2021: Cancellation fee of $500 per adult guest
- December 2, 2021–February 1, 2022: Cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of total registration fees
- After February 1, 2022: No refunds
We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance for your deposit and reservation in case of changed plans or unanticipated cancellations to receive a refund for deposits or reservations after any cancellation policy dates. Trip Protection Insurance.
Guests attending a Ramah Darom Retreat must provide confirmation that they have read the Ramah Darom Immunization Policy and are up-to-date on all required vaccinations. Retreat registration forms will ask guests to certify that they, and all members of their immediate family attending a Retreat, meet all immunization requirements. We will not require guests to submit their medical records except in exceptional circumstances.
Note that not all states have the same requirements, but ALL vaccinations recommended by the ACIP are required at Ramah Darom Retreats.
Please see our COVID-19 Prevention Protocols.
Beginning in 2022, Ramah Darom will require all attendees, staff and visitors who are eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to complete full vaccination two weeks prior to the beginning of the program they are attending. This includes the Covid booster where indicated.
Staff gratuities are intended as supplemental compensation for our hard-working part-time seasonal staff (waiters, kitchen staff, housekeeping, shuttle drivers, etc.), all of whom work long hours at hourly rates. Your final Passover invoice will include a line item for staff gratuities in the amount of 2.5% of your reservation total. This is a minimum guarantee, but guests are always welcome to leave additional gratuities.
Please note that NO pets of any kind may join you for your stay onsite, for any length of time.
More information coming in early 2022.
More information on transportation to and from Ramah Darom coming in early 2022.
Rachel Herman, Senior Program Manager
Check out this video “Moadim L’Simcha (Joyous Holiday)” created at a Passover Retreat