Ramah Darom is Hiring
Director, Business Operations
Job Summary: A member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Business Operations manages key elements of Ramah Darom’s operations for all parts of the organization (summer camp, retreats and rentals). This hands-on role is responsible for operations of the Atlanta office and the summer camp office, supervises the administrative staff responsible for enrollment & registration for all programs, oversees financial planning and ongoing financial management and reporting, and personally manages the travel, safety, security and medical needs of the organization. Of note: while this is an Atlanta-based role, the Director of Business Operations will work from Ramah Darom’s campus in Clayton, GA from late May through late August each summer (with full room & board provided, and a tuition benefit for any children attending Camp Ramah Darom).
Download a PDF of the full job description.
- Controller & Finance Manager
- Controller & Finance Manager
- Administrative Associate
- Summer Office Staff, Summer Security staff, Summer Drivers, Summer Infirmary staff
Key Peer Relationships:
- Director, Camp Ramah Darom
- Director, Kaplan Mitchell Retreat Center at Ramah Darom
- General Manager, Clayton campus
- Responsible for all aspects of the Atlanta office operations and the summer camp office operations. Plans, hires, organizes and supervises summer office staff.
- Oversees IT infrastructure and systems, working with appropriate vendors to maximize efficiency of hardware and software
Enrollment and Registration
- Manages the enrollment process for all Ramah Darom programs. Ensures the prompt and efficient enrollment of applicants, and the accurate and efficient collection of all required registration forms, data and payments
- Closely monitors program enrollment, ensuring all key stakeholders are provided with regular reports and are updated about significant developments or variances to budgets
Summer Camp Operations and Travel Coordination
- Collaborating closely with the General Manager, ensures the property is set up for the operation of the summer camp
- Plans, organizes, and manages all camp travel and travel-related issues, including setting and communicating parameters for staff travel and camper travel and collecting and confirming all related travel information, and manages all vehicular and transportation needs of the camp
- Develops and implements a system for delivering camper bags to the bedside and a system for picking up and shipping bags home at the end of camp
- Supervises the Tzurchania and oversees the effective operation of the Canteen, Mail Room, Laundry Services and Lost and Found.
Financial Planning, Management and Reporting
- Leads the annual budgeting process, in close collaboration with the Controller and Leadership team
- Monitors the ongoing financial performance of the organization, ensuring all key stakeholders are regularly updated and are alerted to any significant variances to budget
- Responsible for ensuring the finance team is preparing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- During summer camp, monitors ongoing expenditures for trips, programming, travel and other daily needs of the camp operations
Safety, Security & Medical
- Hires and supervises security staff for all program. Serves as a liaison to local law enforcement and other regulatory agencies, and as the organization’s Safety officer
- Working closely with Ramah Darom leadership and the Board Medical Committee, recruits, hires and oversees Infirmary staff for all programs, as required. Ensures the infirmary has appropriate resources and support to care for the health of the community.
- A minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in an Operational and/or Financial Management role in a for-profit or non-profit organization
- Experience working with financial software including QuickBooks
- A very high level of attention to detail
- Proven, successful experience as a people manager• A positive, “can do” attitude; comfortable jumping in and getting his/her hands dirty• Ideally, a background working at or attending a summer camp or a Jewish non-profit
In addition to base salary, Ramah Darom offers medical and dental coverage plus annual contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan. In addition, Ramah Darom offers full-time employees tuition benefits for children attending Camp Ramah Darom.
Interested candidates should email their resume to BusinessOpsResumes@ramahdarom.org before February 15th.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, age, religion, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, intellectual disability, mental disability, physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, unless it is shown that such disability prevents performance of the work involved, medical condition, handicap, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partnership status, parental status, military status, veteran or military discharge status, source of income or housing status or any other status protected by applicable law.