The VISION 2020 Campaign is already leaving its mark on Ramah Darom! With fundraising 2/3 of the way to meeting our goal of $5 million, we would like to thank everyone who has participated to date. The VISION 2020 Campaign is not just about building; it is about maintaining a premier experience for our Ramah Darom family and investing in a Jewish future through enhanced programs and facilities.
VISION 2020 Update
To name some of what has already been accomplished:
- Creation of a Tikvah program and new cabin built to house campers participating in the program
- Gan to house day camp for staff children, under camp age, which also doubles for use as a year-round accommodation
- Lake House offering a sheltered porch, changing space and storage for lake equipment
- Half Basketball Court built near cabins for our younger campers enhancing our recreational facilities
- Outdoor Cooking Facility providing enjoyment all year with a pizza oven, fireplace, and patio
- Garden and orchard next to the Levine Ramah Center
- Covered pavilion and 2 new gazebos expanding program space
- Boardwalk nestled amongst a canopy of trees linking new cottages
- Support for Creation of new Year-Round programming
- Security gates and enhanced campus communication
- Adjacent property purchased to facilitate future planning
- Restoration, protection, and re-landscaping of the island
- 5 cottages built on boardwalk providing needed staff and year-round housing
For those who have not had the opportunity to participate yet, there are so many ways to do so. We’ve come a long way but we are still in need of support to create more programs, additional housing, as well as additional program space to meet the needs of our growing community.
Please call Sharon Rosenfeld at 404.503.2129 to hear about our vision for the future and learn how you can contribute.
Click on the video below and Alison Lebovitz, VISION 2020 chair, will tell you more.